History Banner Old Jeffrey Jewelry Building
Charles Cooper
          1942-2014

Jeffrey Jewelry was established in October of 1946 at 90 South Washington Street in downtown Tiffin, OH where it gained a loyal following and thrived until 1974. It then moved to 240 West Market Street to what was then known as The San Mar Center. Charles Cooper brought his jewelry knowledge to the community in 1975 acting as the store's manager. He was born and raised in Norwalk, Ohio and began his over 50 year career in the jewelry industry in the late 1950's. After taking time to serve in the U.S Army and to attend Bowling Green State University, he and his wife Barb moved their family to Tiffin. With a philosophy to treat customers as family, he ultimately purchased the business in 1978.

Jeffrey Jewelry continued to prosper and grow, resulting in an expansion in the mid 1980's. Mr. Cooper and his team continued to provide new products and services at their San Mar location. In 1997 Chuck, along with his son Ty, built what is now known as the Wolf Creek Plaza. In 2009, the Cooper’s opened a second location in Upper Sandusky, Ohio. After a lengthy and courageous battle, Charles E. Cooper passed away in May of 2014. Although he is greatly missed, Ty and his team continue to operate the stores with the same passion and dedication that were the foundation to the stores success.